Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Thursday 12 July 1280, Afternoon (Honey and Vinegar)

"What the Hells," Oloc thinks to himself.

"Perhaps you can still save yourself," he says to the bandit. "If you were indeed in cahoots with Alanna, then you are likely to be killed on sight when her men arrive."

"Your only chance is to come with us now and we head straight to Belloc. Do you have any proof of your dealings with her? Your word alone might not be enough."

Oloc shakes his head wondering what he has just done. "And where do you keep the loot, Mackey? Time is almost up!"

Varros keeps his weapon leveled at Mackey, at the ready, awaiting his response.

Duran, not thrilled at the prospect of giving the bandit a deal, listens as the others talk as he keeps is weapon trained on Mackey. Finally impatiently he says, "Mackey I would like nothing more than to put this arrow in your chest, now give us an answer or die."

Gaven adds: "If you do not agree to leave with us now to submit to Captain Belloc, you will be struck down."

The bandit thinks for a moment, as if calculating his odds, then says with a forced smile: "Where do my better chances lie? Fighting my way out of here? Or hoping Belloc has mercy on me? Frankly I don't like either, but I like the latter even less."

Before you can react to his words, he continues: "I have a counter-proposal. I've seen the wanted signs. They're offering a bounty for the bandit chief." His grin broadens. "Well, that's not me. Alanna has been the chief all along – I only broke away because she hung me out to dry when things got too hot for her."

The bandit nods at a large wooden chest behind him. "All the proof you need? In there. Messages, orders, caravan details. She never signed anything of course, but her handwriting is distinctive enough, if you've ever seen it."

He focuses on Oloc: "All my loot's in there as well, wizard."

Mackey resumes speaking to the entire group: "Here's my counter-offer. I let you have the loot and the proof you need to hang the real bandit chief – Alanna. In return, you let me walk out of here. I know, I know, letting me go might rankle a bit, but you won't be disappointed with the contents of the chest."

"Of course, we could fight it out, and I'm sure you would kill me. However, I am quite good with these," he glances at the darts he holds in his hands. "And quick, if I do say so myself. As I'm sure you can imagine, they've been dipped in snake venom. So while I certainly will die, I will, just as certainly, not be the only one."

"The question is, then, just how much are you ready to sacrifice to slay a mere second-in-command? Have we a deal?"

*************************

OOC: Actions?

4 comments:

  1. Gaven - cleric

    Gaven immediately throws his spear at Mackey.

    OOC: if possible, Gaven would do this during the monologue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duran - Fighter

    As Mackey finishes Duran lets loose with arrows straight at the bandit's heart.

    OOC: Duran will also only try and kill the other bandit if he attacks the group, if he cowers or surrenders perhaps we can offer him the same deal to flip on Alanna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oloc - Mage

    Oloc ducks for cover when the arrows begin to fly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Varros - Fighter

    OOC; Varros will mimic Duran's actions for the round. After the action phase Varros will tell Gaven that while he appreciates the Cleric's dedication to the light, sometimes those the lord of light values most are those who have walked in the shadows and find a way to return from the darkness.

    ReplyDelete